22. Who hath appointed the earth a resting-place for you, and the sky a canopy; and causeth water to pour down from the sky, thereby producing fruits as food for you. And do not set up rivals to Allah when ye know (better).
22. ‘Allazii ja-‘ala lakumul-‘arza firaa-shanw- was-samaaa-‘a binaaa’aa. Wa ‘anzala minas-samaaa-‘i maaa-‘an- fa-‘akh-raja bihii minas-sama-raati rizqal-lakum. Falaa taj-‘aluu LIllaahi ‘andaadanw-wa ‘antum ta’-lamuun.
Thursday, 10 November 2016
None should set up rivals to God - Quran Chapter 2-22 (Pt-1 Stg-1)(L–41)-درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 2-22 (Pt-1 Stg-1)(L–41)-درس قرآن
None should set up rivals to God
Surah ‘Al-‘Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Firaa-shan – (floor), the thing, which has been spread or such solid and plain thing on which we may put our feet and walk. It is not necessary that for being plain, that thing must be a rectangular or in square form. But any round surface may also be used as a floor.
‘Andaadan – (Rivals), partners, co-sharers, confederates etc. this word is plural of nidd, which is used in Arabic language for “opponent and competitor” as well as for “like, analogous, resembling and similar” etc. therefore the meaning of this word may be “opponent and like” both.
Acquaintance about God Almighty was described in the previous verse that He must be accepted as our Creator and the Creator of the people before us. In this verse, some more Signs have been narrated. It is stated that the virtue of God as a Creator, works in the earth or mother’s womb and the mankind cannot see it. So other virtues which are obvious, are explained, so that every individual - younger or older may think about it.
Keeping the mankind’s life in existence, producing means for its existence and conducting the human life up to the last stage of development gradually, is only in the powers of his Lord ‘God Almighty’. Here it is told that He is Lord of the mankind and He is the One Who has collected all sources to keep him in existence after his birth. In this connection, following matters come before us for meditation:
1. The earth, on which we live and move hither and thither, is the resting place spread by Allah Almighty.
2. The sky, which has been put over the heads of mankind by God; like a canopy and which is the best source of light.
3. For arrangement of food and water for daily use of mankind, He produces fruit of different colors and tastes by showering down the rains from the sky, which the mankind eats, drinks and uses for many other purposes. So it has been proved that the mankind is indigent of his Lord for existence and to remain living.
Therefore, he should perceive “the Worshiped” to the same Lord (God Almighty). It has also been told in this verse that the name of that Lord Who has all these virtues, is Allah Almighty. The mankind should never make any partner or co-sharer of Allah Almighty. In this verse, God commanded to Worship Him only, after causing to understand and recognizing the mankind His blessings and pities, so that he may worship Him after knowing Him properly. Without acquaintance, the worshipper cannot acquire Abstinence in his heart.
Quran Chapter 2- 256a (Pt-3, Stg-1) (L-327) - درس قرآن There is no compulsion in religion Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) –...
Quran Chapter 2- 119 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-145) - درس قرآن Messenger will not be asked about evildoers Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (Th...
Four Characteristics of Muhammad (peace be upon Him) - Quran Chapter 2- 129 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-155) - درس قرآنQuran Chapter 2- 129 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-155) - درس قرآن Four Characteristics of Muhammad (peace be upon Him) Surah ‘Al-Ba...
Quran Chapter 2-88 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-118) - درس قرآن Religious persecution Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2 ) B...