5. These depend on guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.
5. ‘Ulaaa-‘ika ‘alaa hudam-mir-Rabbihim wa ‘ulaaa-‘ika humul-Muf-lihuun.
Friday, 4 November 2016
Guidance and Success - Quran Chaptr 2-5 (Pt-1 Stg-1)(L–23)-درس قرآن
Quran Chaptr 2-5 (Pt-1 Stg-1)(L–23)-درس قرآن
Guidance and Success
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Heifer - a young Cow) - 2
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
‘Al-Muf-lihuun – (Those people, who succeeded), this word has been derived from ‘Falaah’, literal meaning of which is “to split, to tear”. Perhaps it is the reason that a farmer/cultivator is called “Fallaah” because he turns up the soil with a plough in the land and sows the seed, which splits the land and comes out in the form of a plant. In Arabic language, this word is used for vast meanings. Entire kinds of happiness, prosperity, attainment of one’s wishes, profit and safety of the world and of the Day of Resurrection have been included in it. All scholars agree to this meaning that there is no any better word in Arabic language except ‘Falaah’ to declare all kinds of success. ‘Muflih’ (Successful) is that individual; who reaches the success after getting upper hand on all kinds of difficulties and hindrances.
In ‘Surah ‘Al-Faatihah’ (The Opening), we supplicated humbly in the Court of God Almighty for Guidance unto the Straight Path. In reply to that supplication, we received a Message, which we have recited in the previous lessons. After that, some signs were described about the persons, in which these signs exist; only they are guided:
· They believe in the Unseen World besides this natural world.
· They establish worship to disclose their relationship practically with Allah Almighty.
· They spend for the sake of God Almighty from that, which Blessings He has given to them.
· They believe in that, which God Almighty has revealed on the Messenger, Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) in Holy Qur-’aan, and admit that He is their best Spiritual Guide.
· They believe also in the Scriptures, Manuals and Guidance, revealed before the Holy Qur-’aan i.e. Torah, Psalms and Gospel etc.
· They have faith in the certainty of the Hereafter (the Day of Resurrection), rewards and punishment according to everyone’s deeds of this life.
Now, it has been described in this verse that these pious people are actually on the Guidance of God Almighty. They will achieve their desires and will be successful in this world and the Hereafter. Acquiring guidance of the Straight Path is the prosperity of this life, a complete and the best Code of life, according to which; they turned their lives and achieved success in all respect. And the Success of the Hereafter is that they will get full rewards of their deeds.
Before Islam, the Arabians were very poor. Camel-driving was their profession. They had neither wealth, nor regular Army and nor sufficient quantity of eatables/drinkable. But when they embraced Islam and acted upon the teachings of Holy Qur-’aan wholeheartedly, then they succeeded in all fields of life. The earth kissed their feet and the sky threw upon them auspiciousness and kindnesses. God Almighty gave them everything, which was promised by Him. Today, if we also mold our lives according to the teachings of Holy Qur-’aan, this promise of success is for us too. And we shall succeed also in this life as well as on the Doomsday.
Quran Chapter 2- 215 (Pt-2, Stg-1) (L-270) - درس قرآن What should we spend? Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2) ...
Quran Chapter 2- 119 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-145) - درس قرآن Messenger will not be asked about evildoers Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (Th...
Four Characteristics of Muhammad (peace be upon Him) - Quran Chapter 2- 129 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-155) - درس قرآنQuran Chapter 2- 129 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-155) - درس قرآن Four Characteristics of Muhammad (peace be upon Him) Surah ‘Al-Ba...
Quran Chapter 2-88 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-118) - درس قرآن Religious persecution Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2 ) B...