Quran Chapter 2- 127 & 128 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-154) - درس قرآن
Supplication for Muslim Ummah
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
وَإِذْ يَرْفَعُ إِبْرَٰهِۦمُ ٱلْقَوَاعِدَ مِنَ ٱلْبَيْتِوَإِسْمَٰعِيلُ رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلْ مِنَّآ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلْعَلِيمُ (127
رَبَّنَا وَٱجْعَلْنَا مُسْلِمَيْنِ لَكَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِنَآ أُمَّةً مُّسْلِمَةً لَّكَ وَأَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَاوَتُبْ عَلَيْنَآ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ ٱلتَّوَّابُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ (128
127. And when Abraham and Ishmael were raising the foundations of the House, (Abraham and Ishmael prayed): Our Lord! Accept from us (this duty) Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower.
128. Our Lord! And make us submissive unto Thee and of our seed a nation submissive unto Thee, and show us our ways of worship, and relent toward us. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Relenting, the Merciful.
127. Wa ‘iz yarfa-‘u ‘Ibraa-hiimul-qawaa-‘ida minal-Bayti wa ‘Ismaa-‘iil. Rabbanaa ta-qabbal minnaa ‘InnaKa ‘An-tas-Samii-‘ul-‘Aliim.
128. Rabbanaa waj-‘alnaa Muslimayni laKa wa min-zur-riyyatinaaa ‘Ummatam-Mus-limatal-laK; wa ‘arinaa ma-naasikanaa wa tub ‘alaynaa ‘InnaKa ‘Antat-Tawwaabur-Rahiim.
Yarfa-‘u – (were raising), foundation of the
’-bah had been laid by Prophet Adam
(peace be upon Him) during His time. This building had been demolished after
being infirm. So then it was being raised again from the beginning. The word yarfa-‘u has been derived from the word rafa-’a. It is used in the
meanings of to erect, to raise and lift up etc. Building of Ka
Muslimayni – (the Obedient, submissive), it aims towards two meanings.
· The Believers of the Oneness of God Almighty.
· Those people, who remain bound in the common instructions and orders of Islam.
Prophets Abraham and Ishmael (peace be upon Them) were already Muslims at that time. Aim of this prayer was “increase our obedience and keep us steadfast”. Its singular is Muslim. Islam is also from its origin. The literal meanings of Muslim are ‘well wisher, security provider, submissive and obedient.
‘Ummatam-Mus-limatan – (Submissive group/class), ‘Ummah means group and class. Mus-limah means submissive, obedient. It may be applied fully and only on the nation of Last Messenger of God Almighty (glory, grace, blessings and peace be upon Him).
Ma-naasikanaa – (our ways of worship for performing Pilgrimage), it means “the religious methods particularly of performing Hajj”. These are also called the customs of Hajj (Pilgrimage).
When Prophets Abraham and Ishmael (peace be upon Them) were raising the foundations of Ka’-bah, alongside they were praying, “Our Lord! Accept from us (this duty) Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower. Our Lord! And make us submissive unto Thee and of our seed a nation submissive unto Thee, and show us our ways of worship, and relent toward us. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Relenting, the Merciful”.